Thursday 2 December 2010

Mudbox Project

We had a 3 week "Introduction to Mudbox" project halfway through our Major Project pre-production. We had to create an existing character so we didn't have to do concept.

Week one was building in Max/Maya
Week two was mudbox(ing)
Week three was texturing

I decided to recreate Frank Frazetta's famous painting of Death Dealer. I'm pretty much finished now, just a few tweaks here and there and the headache of making the saddle details (see image below). I've uploaded some renders for now but I won't be uploading the final renders until I'm happy with everything :)





I look forward to showing you all my final renders. I've been working hard on getting the right style and I'm really pleased with the results I have so far. A few more hours playing with settings and it will be ready to show :D

I also painted a background using parts of the original painting




Dann

No comments:

Post a Comment